TruPax Release Notes
9 A - 11/26/2016
- Fixed problem with extracting short filenames in FAT containers.
- Improved Java VM start parameters.
- SWT and JRE updated.
9 - 03/23/2016
- Support for VeraCrypt containers.
- No more Java installation necessary.
- Uses SHA-512 as the hash function.
- Fixed: main menu stayed deactivated sometimes.
- Latest SWT and fat32-lib.
8 A - 06/14/2014
- Ported to Java 7, sources adjusted and optimized.
- Improved wiping by using direct I/O under Java 7.
- Main menu didn't get deactivated when dialogs were open (OSX).
- SWT 4.3.2 upgrade.
8 - 04/13/2014
- Optional write-protection for containers.
- Extra flushing step to improve wiping.
- Message box button text is now translated.
- Latest FAT32-lib included.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic changes.
7C - 09/02/2013
- Better secure random number generator seeding and usage was implemented.
- Drag and drop issues were fixed.
7B - 08/31/2013
- This release adds support for (64bit) Mac OS X.
- Fixes out-of-memory issues.
7A - 08/11/2013
- The license was changed to the GPLv3.
- Configuration files are named .trupaxrc under Linux to avoid visibility.
- Documentation is now built in to the software.
- The password cache was simplified internally, and should yield better protection.
7 - 03/16/2012
- Separate version for the Windows command prompt.
- FAT container extraction is back (thanks to latest fat32-lib library).
- Configuration file didn't get stored in the executable folder as the first choice.
- Command line version uses a different configuration file now (trupaxcmd.properties).
- Added password caching in the GUI.
- Collision strategies can now be chosen in the GUI.
- New command line option (--case-merge) for case-sensitive file systems.
- The second renaming pass (after wiping) didn't always work.
- Invalidating a non-existing file created an empty file with the sought-after name.
- Minor cosmetic enhancements in the GUI and command line.
- Additional demo in the TruPax SDK for pure container creation.
6 A - 11/25/2012
- TruPax SDK published.
- Scripts for simpler installation under Linux.
- The configuration now gets stored in the file .trupaxrc.
- Minor cosmetic changes in the GUI and the command line version.
- Problems under GNOME sometimes led to crashes during drag+drop operations.
- Files and folders with names starting with a dash couldn't be registered.
- Details for collisions on file paths are now shown.
- Overwrite protection for existing containers didn't work on the command line.
- Removed FAT container extraction due to some issues.
- Update to SWT 4.2.1
- Developed under Java 7, backwards compatible to 6.
6 - 02/17/2012
- Extraction support for FAT formatted containers.
- Details are now shown for errors.
- Abort confirmation for extraction and invalidation.
- Time shown on invalidation on the command line was wrong.
- Minor cosmetic changes, among other things better support for GNOME 3 and Unity.
5 - 01/08/2012
- Fast and simple invalidation of containers.
- Drag and drop of single .tc files opens a dialog for related operations.
- Changes to options wouldn't be used if using drag and drop.
- Slight performance increase when writing to network drives.
- Big files don't block the UI anymore during extraction.
- Double clicks to open files in the selection didn't always work.
- TruPax now appears in the middle of the primary monitor on the first launch.
- Bigger icon for newer Linux distributions (Unity, GNOME 3, and so on).
4 A - 10/03/2011
- Aborting in the progress dialog occasionally caused a crash.
- Included license information in every ZIP file as LICENSE(.txt).
4 - 08/21/2011
- Extraction support for containers created by TruPax.
- Dynamic language switching between German and English.
- Support for 64bit Linux.
- Passwords can be passed on the command line.
- Simple, almost non-intrusive installation under Windows using VBS.
- Launch problem under Oracle Java 6 Update 26 fixed.
- Password coloring didn't always work properly.
- Missing abort confirmation for wiping in the GUI.
- Newly added folders sometimes showed up twice in the selection.
- Wiping of files was really slow under Linux.
3 A - 04/17/2011
- Support for 64bit Windows and Java.
- The GUI version ignored empty directories.
- Crash on access of restricted or protected file paths.
3 - 03/28/2011
- Support for wiping files.
- The GUI version was slow under Linux.
- Labels declared in the GUI sometimes didn't get saved properly.
2 - 10/31/2010
- Graphical user interface (GUI) and installer for Windows.
- Starting trupax.cmd didn't work from a different drive.
- Warnings on merging of different paths sometimes wasn't conclusive.
- Spaces before and after command line parameters now get removed.
1 - 05/22/2010
- First release, for the command line.